Harry Potter #1 og De Vises Sten
Title: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
Series: Harry Potter #1
Author: J.K. Rowling
Published in English: 1997
Dansk titel: Harry Potter og De Vises Sten
Dansk Udgivelsesår: 2012
Finished Reading: March 2019 and All the other times I did!
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Children & Adventure
This is my personal review without spoilers of the actual plot.
Harry Potter’s life is miserable. His parents are dead and he’s stuck with his heartless relatives, who force him to live in a tiny closet under the stairs. But his fortune changes when he receives a letter that tells him the truth about himself: he’s a wizard. A mysterious visitor rescues him from his relatives and takes him to his new home, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
After a lifetime of bottling up his magical powers, Harry finally feels like a normal kid. But even within the Wizarding community, he is special. He is the boy who lived: the only person to have ever survived a killing curse inflicted by the evil Lord Voldemort, who launched a brutal takeover of the Wizarding world, only to vanish after failing to kill Harry.
Though Harry’s first year at Hogwarts is the best of his life, not everything is perfect. There is a dangerous secret object hidden within the castle walls, and Harry believes it’s his responsibility to prevent it from falling into evil hands. But doing so will bring him into contact with forces more terrifying than he ever could have imagined.
Full of sympathetic characters, wildly imaginative situations, and countless exciting details, the first installment in the series assembles an unforgettable magical world and sets the stage for many high-stakes adventures to come.
It feels weird to write a review to Harry Potter, Harry Potter for crying aloud. It was a fucking masterpiece when I grew up! My mom would buy me the books as they came out and I’d tear them to shreds in a day or so. Harry Potter is one of the most famous and loved series out there. I wouldn’t just categorize it as a children’s book but as something that can easily be read by everyone.
There’s many flaws to Rowling’s universe, but who cares? The imagination it took to create it beats the entire negative you might have to say. Who cares that the Math doesn’t add up? We love all the characters, the good and the bad; they stand out as individuals and not just characters given a name.
Are you that one out of a billion people whom haven’t read Harry Potter? Let me give you some reasons why you should read them!
- The writing style is easy to read, but never simple, generic or standard
- It’s an extraordinary book for all ages! It contains humor in which, everyone will be able to understand.
- The World is amazing! She was so clever, damn that woman for stealing my idea, oh wait, she didn’t..
- You’re never bored with the book; even the introduction of the story is exciting!
- The adventures that takes place in the book are exciting and will shock you at times
- The characters are by far the best thing about Harry Potter, besides Mr. Potter himself, you’ll be able to get to know so many different people, and they will seem so real to you!
- Even though you’re the biggest Harry Potter fan out there, you still won’t know everything. We are still searching for answers to some interesting things.
- The things that still interest me is how many new things you get to know about. All kinds of spells and potions with some crazy names, characters you get to know that all bring something to the story.
Do you now see why you should read it? No? Yes? If you say why, I say why not. If you hate, loath reading, I’d suggest you watch the film. Never ever have I recommended anything more in my life than Harry Potter, the boy who lived. If I don’t stop myself I’m going to end up writing a million pages!